I want to win trophies with Siasia – Olubayo - iReporter News Network | No #1 News Network in the world.

Post Top Ad

I want to win trophies with Siasia – Olubayo

I want to win trophies with Siasia – Olubayo

Share This


Skoda Xanthi of Greece right-back Adefemi Olubayo is hoping to win trophies with the Super Eagles in his third spell under coach Samson Siasia.


The athletic player played under Siasia at the 2005 U-20 World Cup and the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, where he won silver on both occasions. He had been left out of the Eagles since 2009 until Siasia invited him for next month’s friendly game against Guatemala.


But Olubayo believes he can help the Eagles return to winning ways after being sidelined.


He told our correspondent on the telephone on Thursday, “It is a pleasure to be reunited with Siasia again. I was ecstatic when I learnt of my invitation for the Guatemala match and as always I hope to give my best to the team.


“He is a great coach who knows how to get the best from his players and hopefully we will achieve great things together again by winning trophies.”


On the friendly match, Olubayo said, “I must give God the glory for giving me another chance to be part of the Eagles and also the coaches who counted me worthy to be part of the team again. I am looking forward to the game with all seriousness and determination.”


He hailed Siasia for giving invitations to Newcastle’s Shola Ameobi, Victor Moses of Wigan, Turkey-based striker Emmanuel Emenike and other new players, saying it would bring competitiveness into the squad.


“It’s the decision of the coaching crew and I think it is a great idea because they will bring their talent to bear on the team. It will also make competition for places stiffer but my priority is to go out there and do my job no matter which players are in camp,” the former Bolougne of France defender said.

Cued from PUNCH NEWS

1 comment:

  1. OOH let see then how he will make that possible

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to our publication. Do not miss out on any information.

Join us on Facebook:
https://facebook.com/ireporterinternational

Follow us on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/ireporterng

Post Bottom Ad